Alternative Sermon Title below:
What Comfort Do We Have in Suffering? – Sermon – February 21 2016
Questions or points to think about before you hear the Sermon:
- This sermon relates to the book of Job who was a righteous man who suffered greatly. We have the Bible to comfort us, Job did not.
- God says – unlike job, My people, I have taught you in the Bible about suffering, to expect it!
- God says – You have the advantage over Job in your sufferings because I have revealed to you the purpose of your sufferings. Job had no idea.
- God says – I have revealed to you something that Job never got to see. There’s a war on in the heavenlies.
- Unlike for Job, God’s revealed to us our suffering is only for “a little while”. And after that, glory!
- We have the Holy Spirit with us, in us.
- The real advantage – We know the Savior. Job did too. But not as well as we.
Listen for these questions and answers about for “What Comfort Do We Have in Suffering??”, below in the 1-part Video , or the one-part MP3 Audio Sermon.
Scriptures below from the church bulletin used in the Sermon:
Psalm 119:41-52, Job 2:7-13, 2 Corinthians 1:3-7, Matthew 10:24-39
Scripture Memory Verse:
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4